But let me still continue to give you an insight on 'what-i-think-men-may-want'. And am sure there is no need for me to elaborate here the fact that we are not discussing the basic human needs or the character specific demands that are innate and make us who we are- an individual
Our needs and desires differ from one stage of life to another, so here goes my deep observation (yes! it took me some time to ponder over the actions and reactions of all men around me from my father to my friend's boyfriend) of 'what-men-want' or 'do-not-want.
For a boy (man) in his childhood :
- I want to play and play till the day ends. It doesn't matter if that is a knife or a small key, everything is a toy except those dolls.
- Don't ask me to sit at one place
- I don't want to study. Compel me to do that and you are my enemy for life.
- Don't you dare disturb me in between my favourite video/computer game.
- Cricket/football/any other sports makes me ecstatic.
- Don't shower your love in public or even private for that matter specially those 'my-boy-is-so-cute' looks and kisses.
- Girls are fragile creatures. I love to play with them because they often don't fight or argue.
- Friendship means playing, laughing,jumping around and nothing else.
- Love...whats that?
- I love my mother and the bonding is unexplainable.
For a teenager boy (man) :
- I still love playing but c'mon i can't play with just about everything now.
- Yes, i still hate sitting at one place.
- Studies are a big NO. Computer and maths are my favourite subjects. I HATE biology and social studies.
- Computer/video games are my lifeline, with them i can survive even on a marooned place.
- Cricket/football/any other sports still makes my ecstatic.
- Public display of affection is still not permissible.
- Girls are fragile and beautiful creatures. I love talking to them when i don't have a video game to play.
- Friendship means games, fun,frolic.
- Love means a popular girl who is my girl friend, but my confidante is that girl who lends me the copy or completes my work and patiently listens to me.
- I love my mother, the bond is still the same.
For a 20-30's something man:
- I love playing the game of hearts more than anything now, life comes only once after all.
- Sitting at one place...ummm...let me think?
- studies? phew!! i m almost done with them...thank you lord!
- Girls are beyond my comprehension but they are beautiful , i know i can't do without them for long.
- Friendship means forever
- Love means stability and support.
- I love my mother , she occupies the highest place in my life.
- I want my sister to be the most respectable girl in town so at times i may overprotect her but all because i love her and i know the world is a bad place.
- I love food, that's the best way to my heart.
- Speak and share but not over do the giggling, talking and nagging. That irritates me.
- Its my time to own the world, make money and merry.
- You may be just a friend and i have no soft feelings for you but better don't call me your brother i may not appreciate that.
For a 40 something man and beyond :
- I love leading a quiet ,respectable and sedentary life now.
- I desire stability and support not money.
- My wife should give me good food and listen to me when i speak.
- I am growing old but i want my wife to stay active and beautiful always.
- My daughter is my biggest responsibly, i may not say but i ll feel free only when i get her married.
- I love to see my son grow and achieve what i could not.
- I love my mother still, i want her to be with me forever.
- I would love to correct all the mistakes i did in the past.
- I want to die before my wife because somewhere in my heart i know that there is no one to take care of me the way she does.
I tried my best to cover all aspects of what-men-want although i am aware the a little post cannot do justice to their desires. Each one of us needs LOVE and RESPECT above everything else and when we do something for someone keeping in view this aspect its hard to go wrong :)
On the ending note i am reminded of the lines of a song from the movie 'My fair lady' which goes as :
Well after all, I'm an ordinary man,
Who desires nothing more than an ordinary chance,
to live exactly as he likes, and do precisely what he wants...
An average man am I, of no eccentric whim,
Who likes to live his life, free of strife,
doing whatever he thinks is best, for him,
Well... just an ordinary man...
Go to www.myntra.com and check out t shirts for men! Also visit the
largest community of Indian Bloggers at BlogAdda.com