Pages

I walk on a road lush with dreams,
a road of forgotten and veiled dreams,
sometimes slowly, sometimes gaily,
sometimes lost, sometimes profound,
I walk a road of unknown mysteries,
fervently finding my way through the endless path.....

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The voice of our soul....

the 'me' time

There is a strange calmness, the one that encourages you to ponder over life and its purposes. as i sit besides the window resting my legs on a chair in front, my eyelashes hug each other and i take a deep breath. the ongoing conversation in my mind gets a little louder. its a random, abstract thought right now...images flash over and out and suddenly disappear all at once a cool breeze softly touches my face. my lips curve slightly to instruct the mind to hold on for a while their seemingly heated up conversation.

I have long realised it now that there is this very deep but faint voice that lifts up from our souls, it guides perfectly even when we are at crossroads. this inner voice is never judgemental neither bias nor partial, it tells the truth as it is or better still stirs in more wisdom to give an almost perfect solution.

people may have written a lot about the fact that it takes tremendous willpower to be true to your own self but in my opinion a greater challenge is understanding to what your inner self is saying in the first place.

we are running behind materialistic aspects and loved to defined my relations around us, never paying heed to the relation between our own soul and self. we are so afraid to sit alone, so afraid to take a break, to retrospect our pasts. we prefer to live inside shells which are actually broken ones, slowly peircing to destroy it completely.

suddenly my phone rings, the voice inside my instructs me not to pick it up, i still open my eyes. the conversation and realisation are lost now.i move my hands to pick up the call but just then i stop, almost by reflex. i put my legs up again and let the voice take over me once more. i have honoured it. it feels good!



( Image courtesy - Google image search )

No comments:

Post a Comment